Friday, September 19, 2014

Querulous Quandaries: 

This happened first thing this morning.

Phone rings...
(me) J. Sampson Antiques, Books & Appraisals. How Can I help you? 
(woman) What time do you open? 
(me) I'm open now. 
(woman) Well, what time do you close?
(me) At 5:00 o'clock, unless I'm busy and then I'll stay longer. 
(woman) Are you open at 7:00 o'clock tonight? 
(me) No, not unless I'm busy
(woman) Are you going to be busy today?
(me) I don't think so.  I hope to be. 
(woman) I have some Ray Harm prints I wanted to sell. 
(me) I don't buy prints.
(woman) Are you open tomorrow?
(me) Yes, 10:00 - 5:00. 
(woman) Do you think that you'll be buying any prints tomorrow around 7:00 o'clock? 
(me) I don't think that I'll be buying any prints... at anytime. 
(woman) Well shoot. I'll just call back early one morning and talk to that other man. He said he'd buy my prints.  
(me) thanks for calling. 

I have no idea what other man she spoke to.  Maybe someone is setting up shop in my store before I open? 

No comments:

Post a Comment