Monday, October 20, 2014

Querulous Quandaries: 


This was a past experience but it still makes me smile. 

An older man came into the store today and asked me if to look at some photos on his camera, of furniture he was selling. He fumbled badly with it, but managed to pull up a few images before his gnarled fingers hit a button and sent it veering to another screen.

(me) " Would you like me to help you?" 
Modern technology 

(man) " No I think, I can get it." 

Still he scrolled through several screens for several minutes. Suddenly he said,

(man) "Look at that table! That's something else ain't it?" 

(me) "Yes, it is. Its mine.", I said. 

He looked at my funny.

(man) "Son, that depends on what you want to pay me for it before you called it yours."

 I laughed 

(me)  "No, IT is mine. See its setting over there. You have your camera on video." 

We both had a laugh over that one. No, I didn't buy any of his furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment