Thursday, October 16, 2014

Happy Customers are the Object:


Gene & Nancy D. of Boise,  Idaho
This sweet couple is Gene & Nancy D. of Boise, Idaho. Its this type of customer that I turn that key in the door for everyday. A great joy to wait on and good customers to boot. They loved loved Harrodsburg and all it had. 


On Wednesday, though I'm usually closed, I happened to see a couple looking into my darkened windows.  I came up to them and asked if they'd like to come in. A a treat. Both were from England. Not just England but from Stratford-upon-Avon. But they also had a book store!  I quickly felt insecure.  I was but to rest as they loved the store.  The husband I had a great 30 minute conversation about business.  He remarked that England was also becoming a "motor" country, instead of walking, as town folk has for centuries.  This couple was very interested in Wal-mart and other big box retailers.  Such things were only available in large cities, but in the states they were everywhere.  They also said that in the last 10 years nearly 80% of the smaller mom and pop  book stores had closed in their region.  Fascinating to talk to and I regret that I didn't have my camera on hand to photograph this couple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment