Thursday, May 7, 2015

Mean While Back At The Store

 Dear readers forgive me for not being more timely with my blog entries.  I promise, now that I have some breathing room, I"ll post up something with some meat on its bones.  In the mean time, here's something that you make you either chuckle or sadly shake your head.

This just happened today.  As stunningly beautiful as it was it was slowwwww.  I had a man to come in.

Man: I'm gong to get this book.

Me: Than you will that be all for today?

Man: Yeah.

He then proceeds to throw a American Express credit card on the counter.

Me:  I'm sorry I don't take credit cards.

He says in a very snotty way.

Man: Your sign says otherwise.

Me:  What sign??

Man: Hello?? The sign in the window.  Shop small.  American Express excepted here.

Me: I'm sorry that was a give away.  American Express promotes that slogan but I don't take American Express. In fact I don't take any.  I honestly never saw that it was there I just saw the slogan.  I love the canvas bags they give small merchants.

Man:  WELL, ITS A GD FUNNY THING TO ME THAT YOU ADVERTISE THEM BUT WHY DON'T YOU TAKE THEIR CARDS!  I THINK THATS FALSE ADVERTISING.

ME:  I'm sorry sir but I've never taken any credit cards.  Because....

Man:  YEAH, YOU'RE FULL OF SORRY.  YOU SHOULD TAKE AMERICAN EXPRESS CARDS LIKE YOUR SIGN SAYS.

Me: WELL, FOR ONE THING! I CAN'T AFFORD THE $500.00 + A YEAR IT TAKES FOR ME TO ACCEPT YOUR PLATINUM AM EX CARD FOR YOUR $3.00 BOOK!

Man:  Fine I'll just pay cash for it.

He proceeds to toss down a $100.00 bill.

Me: I can't break that. I did a deposit last night.  ( really could)

Man: Well, what now?

Me: The ATM is up the street.

Man: Fine I'll be back in a few minutes.

I guess he got lost cause I've not seen him since.  Ahhh! The joy of small business.  Needless to say I took the Shop small sign out of the window.


No comments:

Post a Comment