Thursday, January 1, 2015

The New Years Wish

Just The Way It Is:

This is the tea pot that someone should have used. Instead it was sold in an auction. 
 Here is my New Years day wish to all of you readers. I wish for you all to use and enjoy the items that surround you.  You want to know something?   I'm a contractor. Didn't know that did you?   Yep, I'm a contractor. I sell materials for building and designing your home. I provide you with materials that will make you and your home happy, joyous, welcoming, inviting, warm, stylish and interesting.  The decision to make that happen, is up to you.  Remember,  I'm providing you with materials.  If a "real" contractor builds you a pool and you never get in it... who's fault is that?  I wish that everyone would appreciate the things that fill their homes.  You can have no idea of the times that I go into a house after a death and am meet this situation.  The family is usually in a state of chaos. Emotions run high and are tightly strung.  I reach over and select an object and begin to talk about it.  Simple enough.   There is always one person who will say, I've never seen that before?"   Is that their fault.?  No, its Granny's or Mom's or Cousin Lottie's.  They never enjoyed it, they never shared it with their family and friends.  They and myself don't know if it was a family heirloom or if it was bought at a yard sale last year.  Many of your are thinking, " Well, I don't have anything."   Really??   If you have a bed to lie in, a roof over your head, more food than you can eat in one sitting and a pair of shoes, you already have more than half of the rest of the world.  Yet, you have books that you've never opened. You have dishes that you've never eaten off of.  You have clothes that you've never worn.  Likely many of you have have rooms of furniture that you've never sat on.  Use what you have.  Enjoy it.  If you have so much that you can't possibly use it, move it on to someone else who has less than you do. You'll be blessed all the more for it.  Now, when you're really really ready to design your home call me. I've got the perfect piece for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment